We have some really beautiful styles for Fall 2012. Step right up for The Carnival Collection! The Carnival Collection is a collection for girls inspired by the circus! The main colors in the collection include heather gray, bright pink, lemon-lime green and black raspberry.
The collection contains 7 pairs of legwarmers:
- Big Top – raspberry with hot pink polka dots. It has 3 layers of ruffles at the ankle!
- Showstopper – This is my personal favorite pair of legwarmers from the collection. It has lime green and black raspberry stars and hot pink and white polka dots.
- Ringmaster – heather grey featuring a lime green bird in a hot pink top hat. It contains a thin ruffle on the top and on the bottom.
- Peanuts – black raspberry warmer with a pink circus elephant. It contains ruffles on the top and bottom.
- Balloons - A white warmer with multi-color polka dots. This is a really versatile warmer that will go with many outfits.
- Tightrope – Multi-color stripes with lime green, hot pink, heather grey and black raspberry. This is another very versatile design!
- Carousel – A hot pink with a show pony. The top and bottom have a baby pink and lime trim.
The collection contains 2 tights:
- Acrobat – A hot pink and black raspberry star print footless tight. I love the multi-layer of ruffles!
- Trapeze – A polka dot and stripe footed tight.
The collection contains 3 pairs of socks:
- Top Hat – This set contains a heather gray sock with the lime green bird featured on the Ringmaster warmer. The top of this sock has a pink ruffle! The other pair is a multi-color stripe sock.
- Juggle Knee High Socks – These are my favorite of the socks One pair is the design of the Showstopper warmer. The other sock matches the design of the Balloons warmer.
- Applause Knee High Socks – One pair is a bright pink with black raspberry stars. The other pair is a black raspberry with pink polka dots. These will go with so many fall fashions. I can imagine them with a cute pair of little mary janes!
Our Carnival Collection will be available in September at www.babylegs.com.
The Legwarmers retail for $12. Knee high socks retail for $12 and ankle socks retail for $10. Footed tights retail for $16 and footless for $15.
What do you think? Which ones stand out to you?
It’s Back-to-School time! Who’s excited??
Here in our house, where both parents are also school system employees, Back-to-School is exciting….and stressful, too! Teachers in our county must return two weeks before the start of term, to attend professional development activities and meetings as well as prepare their classrooms for the school year. There’s a lot of prep work that goes into readying for a new year- and usually, we end up taking home more than we’d like to over the long weekend, in order to finish before the first day.
Then when the kids come, we remember why. We remember the feelings. The joy of new clothes. Breaking in those bright white shoes. The smell of new crayons and pencils. Finding your desk and cubby (or locker!). Getting used to the haircut you got just days earlier. Getting lost on your way to class. Seeing friends again. So exhilarating! In fact, the first day of school is one of the myriad reasons why some of us teachers chose our profession. It is a great reminder of childhood wonder.
There are also lots of stressors for families at Back-to-School time. However, here are a few things you can do to help ease the transition.
- Take your child to Open House. It is so helpful for kids and their teachers to meet each other before the first day. By attending, you help your child become familiar with this new path he or she must walk every morning to get to class, while also letting him or her become acquainted with the surroundings in their new environment. Also, by attending Open House, you facilitate a cordial relationship with the people at your child’s school. Your child sees that you are friendly to one another, which puts him or her at ease and sets a good example. In addition, if you ever need to write a note or make a phone call, the teacher has met you and knows you are a parent who cares about their child’s performance in school.
- Prepare your child by talking about school. It goes without saying that children transition easier from one activity to the next when they are prepared for it ahead of time. The same is true for life changes. One of the best things you can do with your child is to talk about school before it begins. Ask them if they can remember the name of their teachers, which school supply they like best, which friends they’re most excited to see, etc. Pick out a first-day outfit together. The more your child feels ready and eager for school to start, the easier it will be to transition back into that routine.
- Plan, plan, plan. I am a teacher, which also makes me a full-time working mom. I have to plan my lessons and my schedule- it’s part of my job. Up until recently, it has been a different story at home! A few weeks ago I decided to start planning breakfasts and dinners for the entire week, every Sunday. I have also started planning my outfits, and my daughter’s, for the week. I just put them all in a hanging canvas closet divider and mornings are a snap. At least one night a week I use my Crock Pot to cook something while I’m not home. I adore Crock Pot night. Coming home to food that’s already cooked is magical! It does make for a little more work on the weekends: you have to get all the laundry done that you will need for the week, plus the planning takes some time, but I find I can get most of it done during my daughter’s nap on Sunday afternoon.
So there you have it! Get those book bags all packed, get those outfits picked out, and get those BabyLegs ready! A new school year is about to begin!
About the blogger:
Hi, I’m Carlee! I teach public school in Middle-of-Nowhere, Virginia. My hubby and I have been married for four years and have a daughter who is almost two (already!). I also give private music lessons and enjoy the arts, animals, and children- but spending time with my beautiful family is my favorite pastime!
It’s still cold outside, but here at BabyLegs, things are warming up! Our new Spring 2011 is available now, including the Cool! line of BabyLegs with UV protection. Spring’s collections include Secret Garden, Bake Shop, Boys World, Candy Land, Seaside, and Cool! Kids, along with all of the Classic Favorites!
Make fun in the sun a little safer with the Cool! Kids collection of warmers. With breathable fabrics and 50+ UPF protection, wet or dry, their little arms and legs will be protected from harmful UV rays while staying cool.
Go to www.babylegs.com today to view the full Spring/Summer 2011 line and shop for your favorites!
Remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for exclusive BabyLegs news and promotions!